Thames and Kosmos
Mega Cyborg Hand STEM Experiment Kit
Regular price $39.99
Construct a GIANT, wearable hydraulic hand!
- A hands-on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) experiment kit, Mega Cyborg Hand provides a fun and engaging introduction to hydraulics, pneumatics, and robotics.
- Use the 203 pieces to assemble a 16-inch robotic hand that slips onto your own hand like a glove, with mechanical fingers that you operate with your own fingers.
- During assembly, you'll conduct experiments with different parts of the mechanical hand to learn more about air and water power and hydraulic transmissions.
- Customizable: adjust for different sized hands and easily re-configure for right- and left-handed users, or to use it like a claw, with the thumb in the center.
- 52-page, full-color instruction manual provides detailed step-by-step assembly instructions, clear scientific explanations and examples of hydraulic and pneumatic systems in the real world, and a fun comic about the fictional adventures of the Mega Cyborg Hand!
- No motors, no batteries--just the power of water, air, and your own hands!
- Two recommended age levels: 7+ with help; 10+ "I got this!"
- No motors, no batteries — just the power of air pressure, water, and your own hands!
- Hydraulic pistons enable the mechanical fingers to open and close and grip objects with enough force to lift them. Every finger joint can be adjusted to different angles for precision movement.
- Three configurations: right hand, left hand, and claw-like; adjustable to fit virtually any human hand.
- Learn how pneumatic and hydraulic systems are used in industrial robots such as automobile components.
- Ages 7+ with help (age 10+ )